Legal regulations such as the EU Waste Framework Directive, combined with sparse natural resources and climate protection through greater efficiency require increased utilisation of recyclables from all types of waste.
Under patronage of the German minister of environment and supported by the International Solid Waste Association (ISWA), Waste-to-Resources 2019, the 8th International Symposium and exhibition MBT, MRF and Recycling will again be a leading platform for international exchange of knowledge about material and energy recovery from waste. Key aspects in 2019 are:
- Options to reach the recycling rates of the EU waste framework directive
- Climate protection by circular economy
- Latest plants and plant concepts
- Liquefaction and carbonation
- Production, refining and utilization of refuse derived fuels
- Putrescible organic waste and anaerobic digestion
- Production, purification and application of Biogas
- Processing of plastics and other recyclables
- Processing and utilization of mineral waste
The conference will be held from the 14th to the 16th of May 2019 in Hanover, Germany. On the day before the conference, an introductory seminar on mechanical and biological waste treatment (MBT) in English is available. Also a site visit of MBT Hanover on the 17th of May can be booked.
On the three conference days there will be continuous simultaneous translation provided. Hence, it will be possible to hear and discuss all those presentations in English, French and German. Participants from 41 countries made use of it at the previous event in 2017.
More information about conference, exhibition and accommodation are available at www.waste-to-resources.eu.