In March next year the 19th International Automobile Recycling Congress, IARC 2019, will be held in the Vienna, Austria to discuss the challenges of end-of-life vehicle (ELV).
Organised by ICM AG the event will take place from March 20 – 22, 2019 with over 250 delegates from industry, authorities and academia. The congress will bring together the various links in the ELV recycling chain such as car manufacturers, metal and plastic scrap traders, recyclers, shredder operators and policy-makers from all over the world.
Topics of the congress include:
- Update on future cars and its impact on recycling
- Safety aspects of collection and recycling of electric vehicles
(cars, trucks, buses, bikes)
- Benefits of the circular economy for car manufacturers and recyclers
- Country reports and updates on new laws and regulations regarding
- Sustainability benefits of automotive recycling
- Autonomous driving vehicles impact on car recycling
- Next generation recycling processes and equipment
- Innovations in dismantling, shredding and sorting
- How to recycle new materials used in future cars
- Recycling of lithium-ion batteries of hybrid and electric vehicles
- Reuse & refurbishment – How about data security?
- Recycling of electric and electronic components
- Spotlight: E-Mobility
A large exhibition area will also be integrated into the conference facilities, where vendors meet their clients. Cocktail receptions and a networking dinner create an excellent atmosphere to get in touch with business partners, colleagues and competitors.
The conference will also offer interesting workshops and plant tours.
Call for papers
The organisers have launched a call for papers and invite interested authors to submit their proposal before September 30, 2018.
More information is available HERE
IN DEPTH: EU’s First Map of Valuable Resources from E-Waste, ELVs & Mining Waste
A number of major European organisations have united to create the first database of valuable materials available for "urban mining" from scrap.
CASE STUDY: German Recycling Equipment Manufacturer Scores ELV Hit in France
Recycling equipment manufacturer Steinert has helped France’s second-largest recycling firm for scrap, GDE Recyclage, achieve the targets set by the EU directive on end-of-life vehicles.